Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

To blog x2 or not to blog x2



That is where my current thought process is at.

I was “challenged” by a friend to start writing more openly instead of fun fluffy posts on my blog. She wanted to see me put more depth out there and not hide it from everyone. The fear of being judged runs strong in this young jedi. But I am going to work on that…putting something out there that is more than just fun stuff. (even though I love the fun stuff because it keeps it light instead of all wangsty.)

But here is my dilemma: Do I want to run two blogs? Granted I have both this blog and a private one through another server, but I have kept them pretty separate. Now if I run two blogs that are both public, can I keep up with them both? Or should I just do an overhaul to this one and how I blog here.

If I kept just one blog, it could mean that there would be multiple posts in one day as I tend to try to keep subjects separate (hence the many blogs you are getting today) but it would also mean some of them would be more serious than the playful tone I try to keep over here.

If I started a separate blog, then I have to decide how separated I want it to be.

What do you think? Those of you that have more than one blog, how hard is it to keep them both going with separate subject matter?

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I have been told by many to start posting about current events in my life rather than memories of yesteryear, but I just don't want to put everything out there ya know? And, I really don't have time for 2 blogs.

Becca said...

I have had several blogs. Right now I have my photography blog and my family blog. For a while I also had the weightloss blog and my fertility journey blog. I will be honest, it is hard to keep up with all of them. That is why I got rid of the last 2 (both after I got pregnant). BUT, if you have the time, and are careful enough to make sure you are always posting to the correct blog, it can work. I loved having my fertility one that I could send people to and not have to share that part of my life with everyone. Whatever you decide, remember, you can always delete a blog. Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...