Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 13/30

(So, side note…There is no way that I will catch up the missed days all at once so I’m just picking up where I left off and finishing the 30 days.)

Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently



So this one was really interesting to me to have to do. I have a couple of people that say they are my friend that I could direct a little letter towards. But I decided this person is the one that deserves the letter the most.

Dear Self,

The decision to write the letter to you was quite simple. Within my own mind is where the ability to be hurt the most lies. When I shy away from a challenge, telling myself it is too difficult to overcome, then I hurt myself. When I consciously allow the wrong people into a trust space in my life, I hurt myself. When I fail to do what it is that I know I need to do, I hurt myself.

So, note to self – STOP IT!!

The only way you are ever going to successfully climb that "mountain" is to take on the challenges and face them. The diet that you conveniently put off until tomorrow, next week, next month, is going to constantly be put off if you don't just start it. You are hurting me by helping enable me to be unhealthy. The crazy people and the people that you know are not worthy of being called a friend? The more you accept them in your life, the more you are setting me up for disappointment. You are a smart cookie, there is no need for all the "what if's" to dominate...stop creating another instance to go back and say "what if" and start making the steps to say "I did." No more bullshit excuses!

Fondly,
Michelle

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Very good letter to self, and one that we could all probably write with similar issues!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...