Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A little positivity goes a long way!

So today I want to share the thoughts of my sweet blogging friend, Lesli. I found Lesli's blog through a link on Karyn Bosnak's blog one night while I was looking around for some fun blogs to follow. The first thing I noticed about Lesli is her love of cats and dogs. She has beautiful kitties in her life and the sweetest pug, Noodles. Then I noticed she has just amazing taste in just about everything. But what really impressed me is how upbeat and happy Lesli keeps her blog. Life is definitely not all sunshine and roses, but Lesli doesn't bring daily life drama to her little corner of the web. She shares fun stories, cute pictures, gorgeous fashion, and complete grace. Plus she is tackling the most difficult task of all -- paying off her debt and trying not to spend outside of a list of rules she made for herself. Very admirable!


(Picture borrowed from Lesli's blog. Look at that cute Noodles!)

First, I just want to say I am honored that Michelle asked me to participate in this. She is one of my very best blogging friends and I am excited to be included.

WHO/WHAT INSPIRES ME?

I am inspired by fashion and beauty – I always like to make things pretty and I am inspired by things I see everyday in fashion magazines, catalogues, shopping in the mall, etc. I am inspired by Rachel Ashwell who is the founder of Shabby Chic http://www.shabbychic.com/ who creates the perfect setting with her pastels and slightly distressed looking vintage influenced decors. My other inspiration comes from the whimsy of Anne Keenan-Higgins http://www.annekeenanhiggins.com/ and her illustrations—she illustrates everything from greeting cards to book covers and always manages to convey my love of shoes and handbags and cats and dogs with all of her delightful drawings!

I take my inspiration and use it when I put together outfits and accessories, or decorate a room in my house, or just want to take a picture of something I think is pretty. I take pictures of something almost everyday.

I am also very much inspired by other bloggers, especially Karyn of Pretty in the City http://www.prettyinthecity.com/ for her humor and warmth (and a Yorkie named Bev and a cat named Elvis) , Janet at Slice of Pink http://www.sliceofpink.com/ because she always has fun with life and talks about everything from cupcakes to bicycles, and Chloe of the Chloe Conspiracy http://www.thechloeconspiracy.com/ who shops and creates fashion statements and does it all while making me laugh, plus she has two adorable Chihuahuas. They inspired me to blog and to also write more. While I do love my blogs, you will also find me journaling my more personal thoughts and I have been keeping a diary since I was 23. I just love to write.

WHO/WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

I am especially thankful for a really great life. I have wonderful friends, some going back to high school, junior high and even elementary (thank you Facebook!) and, of course, my everyday, real life friends who have been there for me for years. I also have other great friends I have met through blogging. I have an amazing husband who is my best friend and spoils me rotten. And I can’t forget my cats, Brie, Trista and Sophie (and also Chloe r.i.p – I will love & miss her always), and my Pug, Noodles and my sometimes-dog Roxie (a Shih Tzu) who I dog-sit as often as I can!

Last but not least, I have a really great job as a receptionist at an upscale bath and body company and I am lucky to be surrounded by creative people and people who are more than just co-workers—they really are like a second family. And it is not just a job—I get to see a fragrance line take shape from its very inception to the time it goes out the door to various boutiques.

I think it is important to express gratitude every day from the smallest thing like a great cup of coffee or a pretty flower spotted in someone’s garden to the bigger things like having good health.
Thank you to Michelle for asking me to do this. I hope I didn’t ramble too much! xoxo

(Thank you soooo much, Lesli!! And no, you didn't ramble!! xoxo
You can find Lesli at Pretty Random Thoughts and The Girl in the Kate Spade Mittens (or the year of not shopping). You should definitely follow her!)

7 comments:

Lesli said...

Thanks, Michelle, this is lovely!

Love you!

xoxo

I will send some people your way!

Michelle said...

Thank YOU! I loved what you shared. :)

xoxo

Jen said...

This is so great! I completely agree about Leslie's blog ;)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Love this! Lesli is definitely a ray of sunshine and someone I consider myself lucky to be able to call a friend!!!!! :)

Kristie said...

I love Lesli!

Michelle said...

You are next, Kristie! I will be sending you a message on FB. Hehe!!

Karyn said...

:) I agree... lovely! Thank you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...