Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

So the world was supposed to end yesterday. I had my rapture quote ready to go and then nada. Sheesh!! (And I am only joking! I didn't believe in the rapture business as one of my friends did text me to find out if I was serious in my posting of the world ending. Sarcasm, my friends, is a staple of my life.)

But I have to share my quote anyway because it is one of my favorites.

I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.
Frodo Baggins, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

And I am also very geektastically (that is so a word) excited that I have my tickets to the Lord of the Rings extended edition showings for June! So the quote is even more fitting.

On Tuesday, I met my mom across town after work for dinner and the Jen Lancaster "If you were here" book signing. If you ever have the chance to see Jen in person, you must go! We saw her for the first time three years ago and she was a tad bit nervous. This year, she was in high spirits, laughing and joking, telling stories and 100% in her element.


*Me and Jen Lancaster, Barnes & Noble 5/17/11*

On Thursday I was very sad to hear about the passing of wrestling legend, "Macho Man" Randy Savage. I used to be really in to the wrestling scene and it was the whole relationship of Macho Man and his manager, Miss Elizabeth, that sucked me in. It was a beauty and the beast/bad boy that can't be tamed thing for me and I was reeled in hook, line, and sinker. I had the pleasure of meeting them both a couple times over the years of my wrestling travels and Macho Man was always a class act.

RIP, Macho!



Yesterday I took in a showing of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". I am a big fan of Johnny Depp, I am a big fan of Captain Jack Sparrow. While I did enjoy the movie, I am not sure how I would feel about another one being made unless they brought back Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly. Orlando's Will was the perfect sidekick/antagonist for Johnny's Jack. But I did like the movie, was entertained and did not regret spending my money on it. I do wish they had done more with the mermaid.



(Oh and stay through the end of the credits, there is an additional scene. That has become the norm with movies anymore, you have to stay through for bonus scenes.)

And in closing...how stinkin' cute are these cupcakes? I want some Beaker cupcakes!!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

I swear you and my friend Melissa are twins. She was geeking out about the LOTR being in the theaters again too.

Brown-eyed Girl said...

Beeker or Meep Meep cupcakes? I'd like the Sam the Bald Eagle cupcake! Where did you find these?

Oh....TF is a huge LOTR fan, you can take him, and then take him out back to throttle him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...